Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lyssy's Junior Prom

Well last night was definitely a night to remember. I had so much fun. There were a few dilemma's before the dance but it all turned out good. The day date turned out as planned and was extremely fun. After dinner I came home to get ready for the dance, my hair and make up was already done because Pam and Tyff had done it before dinner. Well when I got home from dinner my family was gone to Rusty's for Daddy's birthday dinner. So I was getting ready home alone which made things quite difficult. I couldn't zip up my dress or do up my necklace. Or decide if I was going to wear the petty coat and if I was I needed help with it. But I had none! Pam still had to do her make up and stuff so she went home and couldn't really come help me yet. THEN I got a bloody nose right after slipping into my dress. I was freaking out because I did not want blood on my dress so I hurry and took it off and threw it on my parents bed. I stood in their bathroom in my underwear with a tissue up my nose! Not too fun when I'm supposed to be at the prom in 10 minutes. After finally getting it to stop my doorbell rings. AH Brenden is here and I'm not even dressed! So I hurried and slipped my dress back on and ran to the door. I turned around and said, sorry you're the only one who can do it. So he zipped it up and put on my necklace. I tied on my fancy shoes and we headed out the door with our croisage and buteneer(i dunno how to spell either of those)to Pam's house to have her Mom pin on the buteneer. After getting to the bottom of my street my Dad calls. TURN BACK AROUND WE'RE COMING HOME TO TAKE PICTURES he says. Everything had to be so complicated! So we turned back around and went to the house and waited for the fam. Tyff pinned on the buteneer and Brenden put on my croisage and we headed to the living room for pictures. They are very cute I will have to post some. Then Pam and Kyle came over and we all had pictures together. FINALLY we went to the dance at 10:00. We ended up waiting in line for pictures for over an hour. We got into the dance at 11 when they were announcing the prom king and queen. Our good friend Meleese who has danced with us for years won queen. We were so excited for her.
We danced for about an hour and it was a blast. The dance was over at about 12:15 and we went to Pam's house. Brenden had to go home cuz his parents were being kind of lame and made him be home by 12:30, quite depressing. But at Pam's house, the 3 of us, us and her date made banana splits. We were all so tired by 1 that it was time for bed. Kyle took me home and I passed out about 10 minutes later!! Anyways that was my jr prom and it was a blast. :)

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hi there!
I hadn't checked your blog for awhile. I was happy to see two new posts. Sounds like you had a great time at prom. Mine was not much fun, so I was glad to hear that it's possible to enjoy it. Josh still hasn't decided if he's going to go or not. Prom here is in a couple of weeks or so. He did go on a date last night. The main event was a frosting fight. Maybe I'll post pictures on my blog.
Love you!